Schluter Reno-T T9/14E 17/32" Stainless Steel Edge Trim
Schluter®-RENO-T is designed to provide transitions between existing, same-height, hard surface floor coverings, primarily in retrofit applications (e.g., ceramic or natural stone, parquet flooring, concrete pavers, laminate, etc).
- Prevents tile edges from chipping
- Ideal for floor installations where tile is bordered by wood, laminate, or other hard floor coverings
- Designed for floor transitions in retrofit applications
- In certain materials and sizes, the profile is flexible and can be used to form curves
- Available in stainless steel, solid brass, and anodized aluminum
1. Select the profile according to joint width, to ensure proper support of the lateral crosspiece.
2. The joint cavity must be at least 3/8" (9 mm) deep and free of debris. Substances that inhibit adhesion must be removed from the sides of the joint.
3. Fill the joint with elastomeric sealant such as Schluter®-KERDI-FIX or similar. Then insert the vertical leg of RENO-T in the joint so that the lateral crosspiece rests completely on the edges of the surface coverings.
4. Remove any excess sealant with a suitable cleaner.
The Schluter®-RENO-T requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean the profile using common household cleaning agents.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid and chlorides. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent.
Oxidation films on exposed solid brass or aluminum can be removed by using a conventional polishing agent, but will form again.
In the case of anodized aluminum, do not use abrasive cleaning agents.